Come out June 30th as we join thousands of New Yorkers and dozens of other cities for a National Day of Action to Fight for Families and to demand Donald Trump and his administration stop separating kids from their parents.
We will march as NYC-DSA in the End Family Separation NYC Rally and March
Facebook event for the march here: https://www.facebook.com/events/402075813606761/
Join the NYC-DSA Immigrant Justice Working Group’s contingent and make it clear that:
- We do not see family detention as a humane or legitimate response to family separation
- Family separation occurs not only at the border, but also through the forced deportation of immigrants every day
- The separation of children from their parents is not unique to this moment, but a continuation of the violent colonialism and racism upon which this country is built
- Immigrants, regardless of their familial affiliations, deserve a right to free movement and dignified work
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) needs to be abolished NOW
This is a nonviolent, permitted protest, and children are welcome! We will be meeting at the northwest corner of Foley Square - Lafayatte and Worth. Look for the DSA signs!
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!