The Racial Justice and Debt & Finance Working Groups need your help to bring Postal Banking to the Bronx!
We'll continue to gather more petition signatures near the 149th St-Grand Concourse Station (off the 2/4/5). We'll meet up at the usual spot, Garrison Playground.
Postal Banking is important because:
1) You should never have to pay to cash the paychecks you've earned.
2) We need a public option for checking and savings accounts.
3) Postal banking breaks the power of predatory lenders.
4) Postal banking gives working class families a low-cost alternative to payday lenders and high-fee private bank checking accounts that punish you for using your own money.
5) We can't count on big banks to offer free checking -- Bank of America recently ended their free checking program for low-income customers due to how unprofitable it was.
6) Only 7% of the world's national postal systems don't offer free basic banking services.
See you there!!